While some social media marketing KPIs (key performance indicators) are universal, interactive newsletters have their own unique measurement system.
In this blog post, we are going to teach you how to access your metrics in Bulletin. We will also break down the different kinds of KPIs that Bulletin tracks.
Accessing your metrics
There are several ways to access metrics in
Click the ‘Metrics’ button in the upper-left corner of the page. A drop-down menu with 5 different options will appear:
- Subscribers & Active users
Account managers need to have a quick overview of critical KPIs and metrics. To save time, Bulletin directs you to the dashboard page by default as soon as you log in. This helps you know where you stand at all times.
On your dashboard, you will find the following information:
1. User overview
The first 4 metrics give you general information about your users and their subscription status. They appear as red numbers towards the top of the page. Here is what you should know about each of these KPIs:
- Total users
isthe total number of users in onboarding plus total subscribers
- Users in onboarding is the number of users who haven’t given consent yet. They are stuck on the acceptance question and don’t receive messages.
- Total subscribers
isthe number of users who gave consent to receive messages and are able to interact with your business.
- Weekly active readers
isthe number of users who have interacted with a bulletin this week.
At the bottom-left corner of each metric, you will see how today’s performance compares with yesterday (or in the case of weekly active users, how it compares with last week). In the bottom-right corner, you will see the same comparison in percent form.
2. Audience origin and preferences
The next set of metrics gives you a detailed look into who your audience is, and how they found you.
They measure the following:
- Traffic sources – Where are your users coming from?
- Platform – Is your audience accessing your bot on Telegram, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp?
- Language – What language do your users speak?
3. Bulletin performance
The final section of the dashboard shows metrics relating to your bulletin performance. Here, you can see information on your three most recent bulletins.
On the left side of each bulletin, you will see the following standard information:
- The title of the bulletin
- The status of the bulletin
- The date and time the bulletin was published
- The stories that are included in the bulletin
On the right side, you will real-time analytics of your bulletin. This includes
- The number of subscribers that received a bulletin
- The current open rate of the bulletin
- How many users read each story in the bulletin
Click on the graph icon in the upper right-hand corner of the bulletin to be taken to a more detailed view of that bulletin’s metrics.
This blog post is part of a three-part series to help you take advantage of Bulletin’s complete metrics.
To learn more about Bulletin’s complete metric suite, check out our blog post: Metrics Part II: Understand Your Audience With Graphs and Charts.